Sunday, August 28, 2005

90% Mental

I woke up at 12 midnight with a thumping headache... heart rate was at 15 bp10s - my poor heart! It must have been slaving away all night. I stayed up for another hour or so to try and get it under control. I think it was at this point that I told Romy and LA that "I now officially feel like shit".

Doesn't it make you wonder why these mountaineers keep climbing mountains?

At 3am "Biker" (one of our guides) woke us up with breakfast. I was clearly in no shape to join the assault but I did manage to gulp down all the stuff they gave us to eat. Food seemed to be yummier up here.

4am, on schedule, the expedition promptly took off for the final assault. I wished them luck, and dropped back to sleep.

An amazing thing happened four and a half hours later as I woke up to Yaks breying (er. growling? rawr) in the hillside. While I was asleep, all the clouds snuck away, and what was left was a breath-taking 360-degree view of the grand snow-capped mountains surrounding the Langtang valley.

Too bad I didn't have a camera. Ha!

It was so nice and so peaceful up there, all alone with nothing but empty blue sky and those giants towering over you.

Later that day, I missed Ching so much I ran 5 hours down, resting for only a quick snack at Kyangin before continuing on to Langtang. It felt so nice to be in her arms again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home