Thursday, August 25, 2005

Langtang Village



We made Langtang village yesterday after a solid 6 hours of trekking - that was another completely wet day. I guess one of those expensive Goretex jackets would have come in handy. We had to dry our clothes in the common room, which had the huge heater, but also unfortunately a lot of smoke. I'm glad my shirt was not permanently damaged but I did have to endure the smell for the rest of the trip.

Also having reached 3,500m, it was my first encounter with AMS. The headache simply wouldn't go away. It was not debilitating in itself but it gets very annoying when you have to breathe harder due to less O2 in the air. I managed to get my heart rate down to 7 bp10s through meditation/controlled breathing. That night was tough... (but nothing compared to base camp)

The pictures above show Langtang the morning after - with much nicer weather - as we set off for Kyangin Gomba.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home