Friday, August 26, 2005

Glacier hunt


I woke up with my heart rate at 150bps, and feeling really weak. Looks like the meditation last night was not enough. Trouble!!! Good thing today was a rest day. Romy and Josaw were nice enough to serve me breakfast in bed. I forced myself to finish the tiny cup of noodle soup, drank a liter of water, and jumped into my trek gear for the all-important acclimitization trip to the nearby glacier (kala ko ba rest day...).

I managed to get as far as the half-way mark at 4,000m (see pic above) at which point I decided to call it quits. It might not be obvious, but I was too tired to move when they took the picture. I rested for a few minutes in the Yak-cheese maker's hut before heading back down.


Ching and the rest of the gang continued to pursue the glacier for another hour and a half, complete with a daring raging river crossing. They were not able to catch the glacier but eventually climbed up to 4,400m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home